General Manager - UK & Ireland Job Summary
Reporting to the General Manager - UK & Ireland, the Key Account Manager will be responsible for delivering key commercial business objectives to achieve the commercialisation of Orchard's transformative gene therapies in neurometabolic disorders. This will include building trusted relationships with qualified treatment centers, healthcare professionals and patient organizations to achieve commercialisation in the UK and Ireland.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the rapid growth and success of a leading biotechnology company with a transformative technology. Key Elements And Responsibilities Include
- Develop trusted relationships with qualified treatment and referral centers, healthcare professionals and patient organizations
- In collaboration with the global quality and distribution teams, facilitate site qualification activities and resolve issues arising throughout the site qualification process. Then, on an ongoing basis, nurture the partnership between the company and treatment centers in collaboration with the medical and supply chain teams
- In partnership with the Medical Director, engage disease experts via advisory boards and individual interactions to accelerate patient identification and diagnosis
- Oversee the development of disease-related and product-related materials and their approval for use in UK/Ireland, in partnership with the Medical Director
- Drive disease awareness and the identification of potential patient candidates for treatment with LIBMELDY and other Orchard gene therapies
- Resolve issues of access to treatment by potential patient candidates to gene therapy, in collaboration with the Market Access function
- Plan activities and track budget in the franchise
- Role-model corporate values and behaviours; foster compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and corporate SOPs, and the pursuit of the highest ethical standards
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management. regarding the strategy and operations in the neurometabolic franchise.
Skills & Abilities
- Significant experience in a commercial role in the pharma / biotech industry, ideally with experience in rare diseases or specialty diseases
- A strong track record in achieving commercial goals and delivering business objectives to a consistently high level
- A can-do attitude with the ability to work autonomously
- A track record of building trusted relationships with disease experts (in partnership with the medical team) and other public influencers, to drive adoption of a therapy
- Scientific and commercial acumen
- A collaborative and inclusive approach and a strong team mindset
- An individual with high resilience who is capable of dealing with complexity and overcoming obstacles
- A highly proficient communicator; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with the suite of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Able to travel as required for the role
- First rate commercial background; scientific undergraduate degree required; post-graduate qualification appreciated
Orchard is an equal opportunity employer. We recognise and celebrate the diverse culture of our workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees. We fully support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. We assess all applications on basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.
We work within the requirements of all current legislation and we implement the provisions of regulatory codes of practice in employment.Notice to All Applicants:
Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-VerifyRECRUITERS
All employment offers and CV's are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.