Floorcare Service Driver
As a driver, you play a key part in the success of phs. To our customers, you are the face of the company. Your excellent customer service skills help keep our customers happy - and ensure they remain our customers!
As a Service Driver in our Floorcare division, your time will be split. Half your time will be spent driving prearranged routes to our customers locations (We have a system that works out the most efficient route based on our customer service times with fixed routes). The other half of your time will be spent ensuring our products within our customers are exchanged and the mats laid out in the correct locations - you'll play a vital part in keeping our customers premises with a clean fresh floor mat.
Starting and finishing your shift at your own front door means you'll need to return to the depot each day the depot is based in Blackridge. This will enable your dirty mats to be unloaded and your van filled with fresh clean mats.A day in the life of a Service Driver at phs will involve;
The ideal candidate for a Service Driver role at phs will:
- Starting from home each day.
- Driving to our customers on your allocated route.
- Exchanging the dirty mats for a clean fresh mats noting any discrepancies on the Android Handheld.
- Returning to your allocated depot each day to swap over the dirty mats for clean mats.
- Have the patience to travel between our customers during busy times (Traffic issues are an unavoidable part of this job)
- Have Manual Handling skills to perform this role.
- Be comfortable working in and around customer in a wide variety of different environments.
- Be able to work flexibly between the hours of 6am and 6pm, 40 hours per week.
- Have held a full UK Manual Driving Licence for a minimum of 12 months (Subject to insurance requirements), with a maximum of 6 points.
- Not have DR/DD/CD/TT/IN/AC endorsements in the past 5 years.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A salary of £19,000 (Based on a 40-hour working week Monday to Friday)
- No scheduled weekend working.
- 13 paydays per year (Every 4 weeks)
- Regular Overtime opportunities.
- A dedicated company vehicle so you can start and finish from your own front door.
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Your annual leave will be 31 days (inclusive of Christmas Day) so you have 30 days to book throughout the holiday year. Due to the nature of our work, bank holidays are normal working days except for Christmas Day.
Although we welcome candidates from all demographics, we recognise we do not have a proportionate number of female drivers in this location currently and would like to rectify this.About phs:Phs Group
was founded in 1963 and we are the leading provider for Hygiene Services in the UK, Spain and Ireland with over 120,000 customers across 300,000 locations.
Our businesses include: Washrooms, Healthcare, and Floorcare, Hygiene Services, Phs Direct and Direct 365 (sale of hygiene consumables), phs Greenleaf (indoor and outdoor plants, phs Teacrate, phs Besafe (workwear and laundry), phs Wastekit (baling and compacting waste) and phs Compliance.At phs, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination.