We have an exciting opportunity to work with a well known museum based in Central London. This is a temporary post for an Events Manager paying £17.00 per hour. Your will be working for 6 weeks at 36 hours per week. This role will be based 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home.
The role will involve managing the planning, execution and follow-up of this opportunity plus supporting the team with other distinct activity as required. The role requires a highly organised individual with excellent communication and project management skills. A motivated self-starter, who has a natural flare for event management with the ability to work on a highly complex and integrated project. Relationship management with suppliers, donors and internal stakeholders will be crucial to maximise the benefit.
1. Degree or equivalent related work experience
2. Proven experience of managing and delivering complex events
3. A high level of credibility and the ability to liaise effectively with a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders, colleagues and suppliers
4. Proven skill in strategic thinking and planning, being able to creatively approach complex problem solving, negotiating and influencing at all levels within the organisation
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
6. First class organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail, and experience of working with others to agree and deliver plans
7. Experience of working autonomously, and using initiative and creativity to develop ideas and solve problems
8. Proactive and committed team player
4. Main tasks and responsibilities (job description)
· To support the Head of Events to manage the development and delivery of the project
· To work with appropriate colleagues across the Museum to develop and deliver the project
· Coordinating and managing event related staff and logistical bookings e.g. security, retail support, catering
· Support the wider events teams with ad hoc activity to support the autumn programme as a whole.
If you would like to hear more about the role please send a copy of your CV. We will contact all shortlisted candidates.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.