An opportunity to use your finance skills to work for a well established, award winning charity as a Director of Finance. Charity sector experience would be useful, but more important for this role is the desire to really make a difference and empathy with and passion for the values and aims of the charity.Client Details
A Leeds based charity who provide essential and life changing services across locations spanning the north of England
Listed within the top most inclusive UK employers list
Investors in People accredited, as well as holding Living Wage Employer status
Disability Confident Leaders, Mindful Employers and Stonewall Diversity ChampionsDescription
As Director of Finance and Resources you will lead the finance and resources teams and successfully deliver all aspects of finance required by the charity as well as forming a key part of the Senior Leadership Team.
Key areas of delivery include:
- Leadership of the Finance and Corporate Services teams, including design and delivering and supporting key projects across the organisation.
- Full responsibility for all statutory reporting, management accounting, cash and asset management, financial strategy, audit, investment, and compliance matters.
- Provide high quality, timely financial information, and advice to the Board of Trustees and SLT, delivering a strategic and proactive approach to financial planning and management.
- Formulate the financial strategy for the charity, including 5-year forecast, putting KPIs into place to enable visibility of performance across the key areas of the business, at service level and across cost centres.
- Support and motivate teams, ensuring performance is effectively managed and learning and development provided to maintain skills and enthusiasm for the job.
- Lead on value for money, developing policy and practice and working to embed best value principles throughout the group.
- Design & drive the organisation's IT strategy for integrated IT systems, taking an innovative approach to find new solutions. Work at speed to implement strategy ensuring the business is supported by affordable and effective IT services and equipment.
- Lead on Digital Transformation working with operations to maximise benefit to service users.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR and other data legislation.
- Lead on the procurement of systems, products and services which meet strategic and operational needs including designing tenders and managing negotiations to deliver group wide contracts and delivering savings as a result.
- Direct and oversee relationships with suppliers, monitoring performance against objectives and cost.
- Ensure the facilities team secure and maintain high quality work environments. Oversee lease and purchase negotiations.
- Overall responsibility for health and safety including developing group policies, ensuring CHAS and other accreditations are up to date, oversee the co- ordination of organisation wide meetings.
- A strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
The successful Director of Finance candidate will have experience of using accountancy skills to work with a range of stakeholders, at both a strategic and operational level and will possess the following skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant - ACA / CIMA / ACCA / CIPFA or equivalent
- Appetite, vision and enthusiasm for growth business
- Controls oriented, ensuring management of risk
- Ability and experience in implementing large projects
- Technical understanding and knowledge of IT infrastructure, networks, software, and IT service delivery frameworks
- Effective leader, able to delegate, motivate and improve performance of individuals and teams
- Proven senior leadership, strategic planning, and Board accountability experience.
- Preparation of and finalising accounts
- Leading change and achieving financial targets in a business environment and working across departments to develop financial modelling for new initiatives/business
- Managing supplier contracts
- Leading, motivating and performance managing finance and corporate services teams
- Managing business growth and system development, Facilities and asset management, strategic management of Health and Safety and/or IT
- Demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion
Leeds based, free onsite parking
Role to be c60/40 split between office / home
25 days holiday rising to 30 days with service plus bank holidays
37.5 hour working week