Role: Business ManagerLocation: BedfordSalary: £39,000Contract: PermanentThe Role:
As a Business Manager, you will be responsible for leading, motivating and supporting teams of Employment Coaches and other support consultants. You will ensure that staff integrate into multi-disciplinary teams and work together to provide regular, high-quality support to participants.
To be successful, you will be an engaging, empathetic and motivating individual, with the ability to support staff to achieve day-to-day performance. The post holder will develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and ensure the effective management of staff caseloads.
This role is perfect for individuals with proven leadership skills and experience in leading and supporting customer-focused teams. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, a solution focussed approach, be target driven and highly organised.You will assist in the development of effective team-based activities to meet the needs of the caseload and targets through KPI's, customer feedback and localised delivery plans. Team Leads also provide effective coaching and mentoring to all team members to ensure that they are fully supported and that all learning and development needs are addressed.
Team Leaders support and assist the Regional Operations Managers with the recruitment of new team members. You will ensure the effective induction of all new recruits into the team by coaching and mentoring them and providing one to one support and development.
You will regularly carry out observations to review individual performance, identifying and addressing any development needs and ensuring compliance and quality standards are being met.
An up-to-date working knowledge of the benefits system and entitlements is important, you will also be required to understand the local labour market, training opportunities and relevant support agencies.
You will be encouraged to develop internal policies and processes and new ways of working using management information to continuously improve the operation and service for participants.Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in coaching and leading a team to drive success in a challenging and target driven environment.
- Experience of working in the employment and skills sector and delivering to specified targets, quality standards and compliance measures is preferred.
- A strong track record of establishing and maintaining productive relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the local and regional labour market, the benefits system and welfare to work programmes is preferred.
- Highly organised and adept at optimal time management.
- Team player comfortable working with minimum supervision using personal drive, enthusiasm and presence to succeed.
- Passionate about providing high-quality customer-focused services.
- Effective and clear communicator with excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Good administration, IT and organisational skills with good experience of using MS office software.
- You should be comfortable working remotely (and willing to do some local travel) using a range of digital channels including phone, video conferencing, instant messaging and email.
- Desire to work in a new, dynamic start-up organisation, where there is a need to be both creative and pragmatic.