Job Title: Group Technical Accountant - M&ALocation: London (flexible working) Job Type: Permanent/Full Time JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Group Technical Accounting Manager, this is a newly created role within our transforming finance organisation. With the recent change from public to private ownership, we are building a future-fit Group Finance function to support the evolution of our business under the ownership of our private equity parent, Bain Capital. The Group Technical Accountant is a critical role accountable for the financial reporting of the Group, with initial focus on acquisitions, disposals and other group restructuring activities and supporting critical activities throughout the M&A process.
The Group Technical Accountant is responsible for providing subject matter expertise support on multi-disciplinary finance transformation and deal advisory projects such as business structuring, group reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
- Project manage the technical accounting / group reporting workstream for various M&A and restructuring projects.
- Support accounting integration and consolidation, including assisting in integration of accounting systems and accounting policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Assist in financial due diligence, preparation of closing and opening balance sheets, purchase accounting, transaction cost tracking, post-close accounting and purchase price adjustments for acquisitions.
- Prepare technical accounting papers for management and the auditors on the transactions, including journal entries and financial statement disclosures.
- Liaise with the audit team and advisors on scope, deliverables and timing.
- Lead selected monthly and quarterly analysis processes to support senior leadership financial and business reviews of acquired companies.
- Co-ordination with the wider finance community regarding shared service integration, financial planning, analysis and forecasting including post-acquisition integration planning and execution including synergy development, measurement and tracking.
- Manage and ensure compliance with internal review control for acquisitions and perform the necessary procedures and documentation.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of accounting policies, procedures and systems for relevant accounting and reporting, ensuring accurate MI.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced qualified accountant with proven ability to analyse complex financial information, strong attention to detail and a passion for delivering improvements.
- Audit and technical advisory training and industry exposure would be desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of practical application of accounting standards, in particular, IFRS 13, IAS 38, IFRS 3, IFRS 10, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16.
- Excellent communication skills written reports and presentations are essential. You will be working with Senior Leadership Teams, Boards, and external stakeholders, explaining results and options for decision-making with clarity and focus.
- Strong ability to evaluate technical issues, research and analyse facts, ability to influence and deal with senior individuals, consult and deliver solutions to clients.
- Comfortable managing key relationships with external finance parties and service providers.
- You should enjoy working at pace with high achieving individuals and teams.