is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We're the specialist's specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.Job DescriptionKey Responsibilities
The Assistant Accountant is expected to assume some of the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Prepare, reconcile and analyse where appropriate aspects of the monthly Management Accounts for specific product areas; this may cover multiple divisions. Reconcile revenue to information and explanations from the business and between the accounting system and SAP system
- Perform WIP analysis, product costing, provisions (i.e. stock) Understand and apply within working practices the key drivers that impact the monthly Management Accounting reports
- Assist in the production of financial analysis
- Royalty, profit share and commission calculations
- Calculate bad debt provisions, accruals and prepayments
- Analyse and solve ad hoc problems using your knowledge of the business and the systems
- Assist with ad hoc duties as needed, including covering workload in other teams
- Calculate bonus/commissions provisions
- Process intercompany transactions
- Checking sub ledgers from internal departments
- Liaise with Finance Operations and Cash Operations for reconciliation queries
- Capitalising assets
- Perform reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Publish financial results in the relevant finance system
- Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSC
QualificationsQualifications & Experience
Skills & Abilities
- Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable
- Must be currently studying AAT or keen to start the ACCA (if they qualify through exemptions from their studies.)
- Has a good understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
- Able to work independently and work towards hitting deadlines and priorities.
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
- Able to build relationships with stakeholders within and outside of the organisation.
- Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available
- Remain approachable under pressure
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Pro-actively solve problems
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organised, diligent with attention to detail
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.