Your role at a glance
We're excited to be hiring for a Finance Business Partner within our Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) division. You'll establish business partnering relationships between Finance and the Retirement business units to ensure that the financial implications of strategic decisions are fully assessed and understood.
You'll also provide high quality financial analysis to support decision-making across a range of strategic opportunities and support the financial planning and forecasting for the division.
What you'll be doing
- Support the delivery of LGRI's financial and capital forecasts for the year and detailed five year strategic plan.
- Support the delivery of the financial management information and scenario analysis capability to assist the LGRI Division in the management of its business performance.
- Maintain an in depth understanding of threats and opportunities to the LGRI financial results and apply commercial and technical knowledge to develop a series of "levers" that can be used to manage the stability and predictability of these results.
- Work with the UK/International Origination and Investment teams to develop strategic options and identify opportunities to maximise returns on the current business portfolio.
- Take the lead in communicating financial results and forecasts to the Management Teams within the Division and to Group functions.
- Identify and develop new and innovative methods for communicating the LGRI Division's financial performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the financial assessment of acquisition and other commercial opportunities for the LGRI division by carrying out financial due diligence and analysing and optimising the impact on reported results.
What we're looking for
- Professional qualification e.g. qualified Actuary or accountant and experience within a Life company.
- Knowledge of Solvency II, IFRS, Economic Capital
- Extensive experience of UK life insurance products, in managing investment and longevity risk
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgement in order to navigate through unfamiliar territories and propose solutions.
- Ability to build robust modelling tools.
- Ability to build relationships and interact effectively at all levels.
- Solid commercial understanding of the UK Life & Pensions industry (retirement product experience would be beneficial) gained in a similar business partnering or commercial finance role.
- Good people management, communications and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to manage and develop client/customer relationships and provide excellent customer service.