At RSVP, we believe that everyone deserves a life free fromsexual violence and abuse. We offer empathic services tosupport and inspire children and adults of all genders whohave been subjected to sexual violence and abuse.
We believe survivors. We are bold and will go the extra mile to support survivors. We are big hearted, showing the empathy that survivors deserve and need. If you fit these values, then we would love to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
Trustees have and must accept ultimate responsibility for directing the affairs of RSVP, ensuring it is solvent, well-run, and delivering the outcomes for which it has been set up.
The Board will:
- Ensure RSVP is run in compliance with its values and governing document.
- Set or approve policies, plans and budgets to achieve RSVP's strategic objectives.
- Monitor performance against the strategic plan.
- Ensure RSVP remains solvent, financially strong and performs well.
- Ensure that RSVP complies with all relevant laws, regulations and requirements of its regulators.
- Agree all policies and decisions on matters which might create significant risk to RSVP, financial or otherwise.
- Set and maintain a framework of delegation and internal control.
In addition to the above statutory duties, each Trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the Board reach sound decisions.
What are we looking for?
- Commitment to the organisation.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort and to impart the benefit of their skills and experience.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Willingness to speak their mind.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Leadership skills.
We are particularly interested in individuals with the following skills:
- Marketing and PR
- Charity fundraising
- Information security
- Risk management
Please note, our strategic aim is to apply to become a member of Rape Crisis England and Wales. This requires the Vice Chair and Chair to be female and overall 75% of the Board must be female too. Given the current make up of our board we are only accepting applications from women at this time in order to meet this requirement.
We are also keen to increase representation on our board. We would especially welcome applications from people from a variety of ethnic minority backgrounds and younger people.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You will be joining a friendly and committed board. By providing your skills and experience you will help to ensure that the organisation continues to provide its invaluable services to the beneficiaries.
It is estimated that trustees can expect to commit approximately 60 hours a year / 15 hours per quarter to RSVP Board and related activities including the approximation of:
- Trustee meetings (10 hours)
- Trustees Subgroup meetings and activities (10 hours)
- Attendance at one training day and one strategy day (12 hours)
- Attend and preparing for the AGM (2 hours)
- Reading and responding to trustee related documentation include board meeting paper (16 hours)
- Ad hoc or situational additional meetings (10 hours)
A few more details
The Reach TrusteeWorks Team are delighted to be supporting RSVP with their trustee recruitment. Please do contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the role or about trusteeship in general.
All Board members will be entitled to payment of expenses incurred in carrying out their duties, in line with the charity’s financial procedures.
How to apply
Applications should be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. RSVP WM ltd operate a values-based and safer recruitment approach. To apply please request a copy of the application pack from firstname.lastname@example.org, which is where the forms need to be returned. A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required. We cannot accept a DBS check done by another agency, but we can accept an online portable one.