Based in Kings Hill, Kent, my client is the leading provider of events, conferences, seminars and workshops for the healthcare sector and due to continued growth are currently seeking a Graduate level Trainee Events / Conference Producer to join their successful team. The successful candidate will work on a series of high calibre national online forums.
This role will involve researching, writing and marketing cutting-edge conferences across a range of areas in the healthcare industry. Producers are responsible for conducting desk-based research including telephone, internet and publications to assess the commercial viability of a particular topic and deliver a content driven conference. This will include identifying the audience and how to reach them, sourcing and recruiting speakers as well as writing the programme, marketing plan and sales copy. They will also be attending the online event on the day to make sure it runs smoothly and to network with speakers and delegates.
Key objectives of the Conference Producer:
Develop commercially viable conferences based on in-depth market research
Carry out comprehensive research into the relevant market and topic
Write promotionally-led programme and sales copy that are in the language of the market
Acquire the right speakers as identified during the research phase
Always work within the timelines and deadlines specified
Travel to and contribute to the conference on the day to ensure its success
Write a detailed post-conference report and carry out post-conference administration
Work closely with and develop excellent relationships with marketing and operations
· Excellent time management and organisation skills -self-motivated, able to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple tasks at one time.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills- the Conference Producer must have the ability to build and sustain relationships, network and conduct research with a wide range of people on a daily basis.
· Proven research skills-the perfect candidate will not only be gathering information from research contacts and developing knowledge but will also have to interpret this, discard the red herrings and transform raw research into a commercial product.
· Copy writing- successful applicants will need to write compelling and market led copy from the website to brochures to press releases which is shaped by research.
· No previous experience is required but you must have excellent research skills as well as strong written and spoken communication skills. Some commercial work experience and interest in business is a bonus along with a confident and ambitious approach, as is the ability to work to tight deadlines. Ideally this would suit a Graduate with an articulate, dynamic and a goal orientated approach. Relevant degrees would include Events Management, Journalism and English.
This is a fantastic opportunity that will enable the right candidate to carve an excellent Events based career and the salary starts at £20K.
Can all applicants please apply attaching an up to date CV in Word format.