My client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of spacecraft, satellite and secure communication systems. They are an international pioneer within the Defence and Space domain, delivering challenging and exciting projects based on the latest, cutting-edge technologies.
Due to growth, they are currently recruiting a UI Developer to join their established Portsmouth site.Job Definition
The developer will join a 7-member scrum team as part of a wider program to deliver management systems for a new Satellite. The developer shall contribute to all stages of the software development life-cycle.
Responsible for the delivery of software solutions in line with customer requirements within a Scrum development approach.Primary Duties
Must be capable and responsible for:
- Development of code within an agile environment (scrum).
- Working with the team to design, implement and test features for a new product development.
- Task estimation in accordance with sprint planning.
- Where required to produce professional documentation in line with the project standards.
- Single Page Applications.
- Responsive web design to support a variety of devices.
- Working with wireframes/mock-ups.
- Cross-browser development and compatibility issues.
- Experience of coding to RESTful interfaces.
- Agile Development Processes.
- CI/CD delivery techniques.
- Source code management (ideally using GIT).
- Issue tracking systems (we use Jira).
- User Experience concepts (e.g. intuitive, efficient).
- Ability to self-motivate and to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to promote innovation in self and others.
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner.
- Ability to deliver to quality, cost and schedule.
An initial length of contract is 12 months, inside IR35 - Umbrella, Deemed Ltd & PAYE payment options available.
All offers will be subject to successful referencing process and ID checks.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply within.
Guidant Global (Jobscience) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.