Are you interested in ad hoc / flexible work in a school, supporting young people in small classes age 5-11 with special needs in a SEN Primary Unit in Brent, North-West London?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for people with experience with Special Needs to cover as a Teaching Assistant on an ad hoc basis, as and when needed, between Monday to Friday within a SEN Unit of a Primary school in Brent, North-West London.
As the role is ad hoc, work opportunities at this school differ each week and may arise as many as 5 days per week (Monday-Friday) and as little as 0 days per week if there is no cover needed. This role would be perfect for those who are only available on a part time basis each week due to studies or other work commitments.
This role is an ASAP start pending a clear DBS certificate on the Update Service and a minimum of 2 satisfactory employment references, including your most recent reference.Essential requirements of a SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Be prepared to receive Tradewind Recruitment's phone calls from 07:00 each morning (Monday to Friday) in case of work opportunities to cover as a TA that day.
- Be prepared to set off to the school within 15 minutes of receiving a work booking call, arriving at the school in Brent for 08:30.
- Experience supporting young people with special needs such as autism (ASD/ASC) and learning difficulties.
- Previous support work, TA or LSA work within a Primary school or other SEN related experience.
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
This rewarding role as a SEN Teaching Assistant involves providing support to the class teacher in all lessons, doing 1:1 and group work with students in a range of classes from Year 1 to Year 6, keeping them engaged and making progress, organising various class activities and helping to improve the academic and social ability of all students, providing support to them in an effort to help them overcome their various barriers to learning. Classes focus on core subjects across the curriculum, often learning at levels below their age. There are also sessions on life skills and out in the community lessons.
The school in Brent is a Primary school with a SEN unit attached, Good Ofsted, for students with Autism and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD). All pupils have an Education, Health and Care Plan and the needs and abilities of the pupils vary. As with any school there can be challenging behaviour, although the school tries to work as a team with specialist input to provide the best level of support and care to the pupils each day. Experience working with young people with SEN, specifically autism (ASD / ASC), is crucial.
The school is in Brent, North-West London, and has off-road parking for those who drive. It is also easily accessible via Thameslink trains, the Jubilee Line, Metropolitan Line and several popular bus routes.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teaching Assistant in Brent, North-West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on option 3 or .
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer