Administration Manager£21.00 - £21.50 per hourBased in Musselburgh
REED Business Support are delighted to be working with a leading organisation based in Musselburgh who are looking to recruit an Administration Manager on an initial 3 month basis with the possibility of extension. This will be varied and exciting role perfect for candidates with extensive administration and line management experience.
The postholder will be responsible for providing effective management and administration of two academic schools. Acting as the Administration Manager you will be a key function within the organisation and will have the opportunity to work on a number of different projects.
The hours on this role are 28.5 per week where there will be flexibility on the days and hours worked. Duties involved in the role:
What we're looking for:
- Contribute to the delivery of organisational plans for the upcoming academic year
- Manage and provide support to the school administrative team
- Deploy staff as necessary to meet workload
- In consultation with other members of staff, contribute to the annual programme monitoring exercise, to include in particular school based arrangements for external professional accreditation visits, external links with overseas partners, and internal validation and review
- Present policy and procedural enhancements for approval, and provide agenda and minutes for review meetings
- Effectively manage the investigation and determination of student academic appeals
- Oversee the accuracy of the school student records system
- Provide an effective secretariat to the school examination board, ensuring they are conducted within procedures
- Manage the administration of external examiners
- Provide advice to academic and support staff on quality assurance procedures
- Previous experience as an Administration Manager, Business Manager, School Manager, or similar role
- Extensive administrative experience
- Line management experience
- Project Management experience
- Experience working in a role with policy / procedural responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT Skills - especially MS Office
- Experience in the Higher or Further Education Sector
- Experience working with Tribal (SITS) Student Records System of equivalent
This a fantastic opportunity to join a first class employer in a vital role to the organisation. The Administration Manager post is sure to be an interesting challenge and could lead to further opportunities. It will also undoubtedly look good on a CV.
If you're interested, please apply now as the role is due to start ASAP.