Are you ready to join a Government department undergoing an exciting and significant Digital Transformation? Cabinet Office are seeking the appointment of a permanent Associate Delivery Manager to help support the ambition to make UK Government digital services the best in the world.
As an Associate Delivery Manager, you will manage multiple small to medium size projects using a combination of agile and waterfall methodologies. Working with a variety of stakeholders, you'll utilise excellent communication skills to break down barriers for your team, developing plans and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
You will be considered an expert in projects to move data and information around Government, through reorganisations of the machinery of government. You will work with Technology colleagues and business customers to ensure legal compliance is maintained through delivery, and to advise on design of information environments, ways of working and the induction of new business areas into our corporate management systems.
- Work closely with Cabinet Office business users and internal Technology Teams (Network Operations, Cloud Operations, and Live Service) to identify business requirements, ensuring that they align with the digital information and technology strategy to improve our current services.
- Using appropriate combination of agile and waterfall methodologies, tools, and techniques, adapting the approach to deliver outcomes & iterating frequently
- Work with the Head of Programme, Business Analysts and team members to define the project requirements and translate this into user stories.
- Lead the collaborative planning process for projects effectively to prioritise the work that needs to be done to ensure your projects are adequately resourced with subject matter experts.
- Lead delivery of Machine of Government (MOG) data-migrations; scoping data-transfer requirements and liaising with DKIM Ops to manage the build of data repositories i.e. libraries.
- Identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them
- Tracking, managing and addressing risks, issues, and dependencies
- Clearly communicate and report plans to the team, as well as technical and non-technical plans to stakeholders and suppliers, and progress using recognised agile practices.
- Design operational processes for transition into live service / operations; designing operational policies and guidance as required
- Manage HEO Business Analyst.
In order to be effective as an Associate Delivery Manager, it is essential applicants have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in using Agile principles in practice and using a range of Agile tools to identify delivery methods to be used.
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and maintaining delivery momentum
- Experience in leading project teams, working independently and with external teams.
- Experience in effectively managing a diverse range of stakeholder expectations including 3rd party suppliers
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver a project through the various stages of the product lifecycle from start to end.
- Proven experience in using a range of communication skills to accurately communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as facilitating discussions within the team with potentially difficult dynamics
Applicants with demonstrable experience delivering infrastructure-related and/or technology projects and products are likely to be of particular interest to Cabinet Office.
You will be assessed based on the following Behaviours:
- Working together
- Changing and improving
- Delivering at pace
- CV experience
- Technical skills
Applicants will be required to provide an up to date CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) detailing how you meet the requirements and behaviours listed above. You will also provide a completed diversity form.
Please note that this role requires SC clearance, which would normally require 5 years' UK residency in the past 5 years. This is not an absolute requirement but supplementary checks may be required where individuals have not lived in the UK for the required period. This may mean that your security clearance (and therefore your appointment) will take longer or, in some cases, not be possible.
*any offer made above the base grade will be made up with a non-pensionable specialist pay allowance based on capability.