Do you specialise in English?
Are you available immediately?
We are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant for a well-established school located in Tower Hamlets. The ideal candidate will have had experience of supporting children who are working at an intermediate or entry level.This position is based within the English department, if you are a graduate who holds a degree specialising in an English course or are passionate about the subject then please apply today for immediate consideration.
You must be flexible, friendly and an excellent communicator. You will support learning, teaching and the progress of targeted students across the Lower School, the Upper School and the Sixth Form.Start Date: Immediately
Duration: Full academic year
Contract Type: Full time
Location: Bromley-by-Bow, East London
Salary: £85 to £110 per day (DOE)What we are looking for:
What we needs from you:
- Someone who is constructive and a team member
- Someone who has experience working with SEND children
- Excellent English Literacy and Language skills
- Degree in English (desirable).
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals and groups of students, teachers and parents.
- Experience of working at an intermediate or entry level - working in classrooms, supporting learning, teaching and the progress of targeted students
- Motivating young people
- The ability to show initiative and facilitate extra-curricular activities and to co-ordinate student support
- Ability to develop programmes of learning designed to enable students to accelerate their progress in literacy and numeracy
- Someone who can support the Y11 pastoral team and Inclusion Managers with the transition of SEND students into KS5
What you need to do now:
- Must have a DBS on the update service or willing to undergo a DBS check
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply' below and submit your up-to-date CV for immediate consideration.
- Successful applicants will be contacted to arrange further interviews. Due to high volume of applications received, we can only contact those who have been shortlisted.