Salary: £37,722 - £40,869
Haringey, North LondonContract
: 5-month FTCHours
: 36 hours per weekAbout the role:
To be responsible for all aspects of the day- to- day management of the Right to buy, Home Ownership scheme, Sub-let, re-mortgage enquires and pre assignment enquiries and grating approvals in respect of all types of alterations, and to provide a customer-orientated service for Council tenants and leaseholders and other stakeholders.
To ensure full compliance with the requirements of the lease agreement and to ensure that the Council's statutory obligations under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 & Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 (CLRA) are fully met and implemented, including any recommendations of Scrutiny Committee, Auditors, Good practice Guides or legal advice received in respect of leasehold matters.
To efficiently manage and administer the process of Right to buy applications in accordance with the Housing Act 1985 (as amended) ensuring that relevant Notices in accordance with the statutory time scales.Duties and responsibilities
- To deputise for the Head of Home Ownership or other senior officers in the team in their absence
- To provide all aspects of line management responsibilities for the members of Compliance and Sales Team, including recruitment, training and development.
- Providing high quality advice to managers, staff and leaseholders to ensure the specific needs of tenants and leaseholders are considered.
- To operate within a performance management framework to ensure that the service objectives are met or exceeded using best practice and best value principles.
- To agree and implement appropriate methods and systems for measuring outcomes and produce periodic reports.
- To investigate and to respond to more complex queries or effectively negotiate in resolving any unresolved historic disputes.
- Suitable candidates will have a membership of relevant professional body
Knowledge and skills
- Experience of working in a customer focused, preferably housing services environment
- Experience of staff management
- Experience of managing homeownership services
- Knowledge of, commitment to, and understanding of the Equal Opportunities and related policies.
- Awareness of and understanding of the application, of Health and Safety procedures
- Understanding and application of good customer care practices
- Good knowledge and understanding of policies, practices and legislation that applies to RTB and/or leasehold management, in particular the Housing Act 1985, Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 and the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 of the relevance of leases, case law and legislation in relation to leasehold management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels, including with wide range audiences
- Ability to communicate openly with staff and delegate effectively
- Ability to represent the Council in formal arenas such as FTTs, court, and external forums
- Ability to extract data and report from complex IT systems
- Ability to produce statements of accounts, calculate cost apportionments and compile statistical information
- Ability to analyse problems in a logical and systematic way and identify practical solutions
- Ability to define and manage workload and lead project teams.
- Ability to set and monitor clear and challenging objectives
- Ability to interpret and explain to a range of audience's relevant legislation and complex legal documents such as leases
Homes for Haringey is an Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO) of the London Borough of Haringey. We are firmly committed to working collaboratively toward building a spirit of team working in which innovation is encouraged and individuals can thrive. We are committed to developing our employees and provide a wide range of learning and development opportunities, flexible working, generous leave entitlement, and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For further information regarding the role please contact us on:
Follow us on our 'Homes for Haringey' via LinkedIn, for all our up to date vacancies.
You will need to provide a CV and a Supporting Statement to be considered for this vacancy.
The closing date for completed applications will be Wednesday 29th September 2021
- Contact: Jessica Earl
- Job ID: REF-5I-JHP1BL7