Our opportunityWe are growing!!
2020 was a strange year for the world as a whole, and an interesting time to launch a new service line. Deloitte Legal took the plunge and the confidence paid off. From a standing start in 2020 we have developed and delivered specialist legal management consulting service from scratch.
Our successful first year has positioned us well and we are continuing to grow our footprint rapidly. We have new people joining us from a wide range of backgrounds and bringing with them a diverse set of skills and expertise. Our expansion means that we are looking to bring in further consultants with previous consulting/transformation experience to join us on the journey and be part of our team.
Today's world requires a new approach to the delivery of legal, commercial and contracting services. Now more than ever, legal departments are having to address the challenge of dealing with increasing complexity and demand with the same or fewer resources.
The Deloitte Legal Management Consulting team work with legal departments and contracting teams to help them rethink their operating models, achieve greater efficiencies and increase the value they deliver back to their business stakeholders.
We aim to disrupt the legal market and we need highly motivated and talented individuals to help us achieve this goal.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.Your role
Client projects will be challenging and complex and you will gain experience managing all aspects of delivery, learning and employing a range of methods, technologies and approaches.
This is a unique opportunity for you to join the team as it starts to expand and help us position Deloitte Legal Management Consulting as the clear market leader.
Your work, your choice
- Primarily focusing on the delivery of client work that will successfully fulfil and exceed client expectations and deliver engagement and programme objectives.
- Working and starting to lead as part of a team of industry specialists providing consulting services to major clients, you will quickly build upon your existing industry knowledge to become an expert in your field.
- Managing communication within project teams and with client stakeholders, maintaining and developing relationships at appropriate levels.
- Assisting with appropriate supervision activities and managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Maintaining and improving existing service offerings and contributing to the development of new services that anticipate and meet future client needs.
- This is an exciting opportunity to join the team as it grows and there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved with business development and go to market approach.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based at our London office, with the option of working from home. As this is a client-facing role, you may also need to travel.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity, the role will be worked on a full-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.Your professional experience
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
- Degree or similar qualification(s) demonstrating a passion for personal development. Relevant professional training and/or qualifications such as Prince2, PMI/APM, Prosci, Lean Six Sigma are an advantage
- Demonstrable understanding of the challenges and requirements of an in-house legal department and/or contract management team and a desire to become expert in this area
- Proven experience shaping and managing complex change and transformation projects, with a focus on legal or contracts projects, either as an external consultant or internal change agent
- Hands on experience of a wide range of methodologies and project types including organizational assessments, strategy reviews, process reengineering and technology implementations
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work equally effectively as part of a team or individually on your own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Proven stakeholder management skills and the ability to adjust style and approach for different audiences
- High-level of proficiency with MS Office and expertise in the analysis and presentation of data
- Experience of managing and guiding the development of less experienced staff and a desire to develop your line management and mentoring skills
- Strong programme and change management skills and a good understanding of project profitability and budget management
- A strategic thinker with an eye for new client offerings or internal improvements and experience of supporting business development activities
- A flexible, can-do approach and positive mind-set. You enjoy working as part of diverse teams to overcome challenges and exceed client expectations
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with the proven ability to maintain professional standards in the face of challenging deadlines
- Professional manner and high level of personal accountability allied with high standards of client care, confidentiality and integrity