Teaching Assistant needed ASAP- Rotherham - PERMANENT - Full time Your new company
Ofsted rated "Good" school in Rotherham who support students from 11-16 years old. Your new role
Under the leadership of teaching and inclusion staff, you will be providing educational and emotional support to students with Special Educational Needs and/or challenging behaviours. Your role with vary between full classroom support and 1:1/small group support.
Main duties include:
- Provide help with educational work, adapting content if necessary
- Help develop students literacy, ICT and numeracy skills
- Implement personalised learning programmes around health and hygiene and lifestyle matters as well as social, cultural and moral responsibilities.
- Support students with integration into new settings
- Liaise with parents, outside agencies, other staff/tutors and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator over students welfare and progress
- Record students progress and achievements
*Full job spec available on requestWhat you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Experience working with young people with Special Educational Needs, for at least 40 days in the last 2 years
- Good literacy, numeracy and ICT knowledge
- Strong organisational and time keeping skills
- Resilience, tolerance and a positive attitude
- Willingness to apply for a Enhanced DBS certificate
What you need to do now
- PERMANENT job
- Competitive rate of pay
- Opportunity to work alongside a team of strong and supportive colleagues
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.