Full time, Permanent Salary:
£28,000 per annum JOB OVERVIEW
We are Study Group. We are a global leader in international education partnering with students and Top Tier Universities from all over the world. We believe in a creating a better world through education, and value talented, driven, and student centred people that believe the same.
We have an exiting opportunity to join our hardworking and friendly team in Brighton. As a IT Services Specialist, your role will comprise of working in a team to support, manage and administer Study Group's infrastructure and users at the location or locations defined by the responsibility of the role. You will assist in providing maximum possible up-time for all infrastructure, and ensuring that all users have the necessary access to their required systems. In addition to this is the need for consistent end-user support, administration and maintenance of all IT systems.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide end-user support for Study Group systems at the location at which the role is based. The responsibility revolves around the use of a Service Desk system to respond to and assist staff members with issues and service requests
- The tasks this responsibility encompasses will range from desktop support to account and systems administration. These tasks require not only an in-depth knowledge of IT hardware and software platforms but communication abilities and customer service skills
- To assist with support and maintenance of the Server, Networking, Storage and related back office infrastructure within the relevant region/location
- This role will assist with ensuring all core back office systems and infrastructure are working effectively and efficiently, conforming to global standards and security policies
- Urgently responding to alerts from monitoring systems may be necessary at times
- Assist with managing and implementing a range of IT rollouts, upgrades, and projects
- Assist with managing location based disk/tape/off-site backup solution
- Assist in delivery of projects as required by the IT Services Team Leader or IT Operations
- Adhere to project management methodologies as set out by IT PMO
- Assist with on-time payment of IT related invoices by assisting with submission of coded invoices to finance or IT management in a timely manner as required
- Experience working in an academic environment is desirable but not essential
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience in the following technologies: Cisco Meraki, JAMF, Microsoft 365, Mitel, Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), MS Teams, Active Directory, Service Now. Smart Boards.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017, 2018 and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.ORGANISATIONAL COMPLIANCE
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.