ITALIAN SPEAKING BUYER/SENIOR BUYER WITH FMCG EXPERIENCE URGENTLY NEEDED!
I am currently representing a client whose corporate culture is one of collaboration, variation and excitement where staff turnover is low and employee satisfaction is high.
If you are an Italian speaking buyer/senior buyer with experience sourcing a vast range of raw materials within the food industry at the right cost, whilst continually expanding the range, growth and knowledge within each product category, then this may be the the perfect new opportunity for you.
It is a hybrid role where you are able to work from the office and from home. Salary on offer is up to £45k based on experience.
• Development of new products (NPD) and suppliers in conjunction with commercial & customer activity
• Experience of sourcing raw material food ingredients from global suppliers, negotiating commodities as well as logistical impacts on cost.
• Manage defined product categories (circa £15m spend) with complete responsibility for ownership of sourcing and delivering against commercial demands.
• Monitor key markets and ensure the Commercial team are briefed to maximise customer and supplier opportunities.
• Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer / supplier relationship.
• Ability to work cross functionally with all departments, specifically the Commercial Team in ensuring that products are sourced and costed in a timely manner with which to serve our customers.
• Create and maintain excellent working relationships with suppliers and customers (both internal and external).
• To ensure suppliers KPI's are analysed and met on a monthly basis.
• Any other duties requested by Purchasing Director to meet the changing needs of the business.
• Degree educated, ideally CIPS qualified (or working towards).
• Excellent IT & numeracy skills.
• Communication skills at all levels are vital as is the ability to speak Italian.