Environment Manager (IEP)
This role sits within IT Environment Management team, responsible for planning, strategy, co-ordination, delivery and day to day management of application environments to ensure environments are fit to use for IEP programme. IEP programme is one of our critical programme.
About The Job
What you'll spend your time doing:
- Gather and document environment requirements for IEP programme as per programme scope in alignment with environment management lead
- Document and maintain all programme environments and environment diagrams used with usages as per the schedule
- Technical IT Environment management planning, strategy, co-ordination and delivery
- Co-ordinate with multiple teams e.g. Virtualisation team, Windows team, Azure team, DBA etc. for the delivery of new environments to IEP programme as per environment management process
- Plan and co-ordinate application environment build with the support of application towers, ensure delivery on-time
- Co-ordinates and manages deployment to various environments for the project especially Integration, UAT & Pre-Prod environments including interfaces maintaining the integrated environment
- Co-ordination of day-to-day environment activities e.g. environment refreshes, issues/defects resolution, environment access, data cuts etc.
- Support all activities relating to the environments required to support IEP programme
- Appropriate plans and documentation to maintain the integrity and robustness of the environments
You're going to enjoy this job if you also...
- Enjoy technical delivery of all aspects of application environment
- Have an eye for detail of environment requirements
- Are a strong problem solver and knows how to get work done in complex environment
- Can communicate technical requirements to technical teams
What you'll need:
For this particular role there are some important experience we need you to have. These include:
- Strong experience of environment co-ordination, planning and environment delivery
- Understanding of infrastructure and Azure environment (preferably)
- Should have technical management understanding of Windows 2008/2012, Active Directory, Team Foundation Server (TFS), IIS, Databases (MS SQL) etc.
- Exposure to automated deployment and configuration tools
- Experience of working within a pressured and Agile environment Practical experience of multiple delivery tools: MS Project, Jira, Confluence and how to best to apply them