Job Profile SummaryRole Synopsis
Architecture is a collaborative discipline, and it plays a critical role in the integration of our businesses. Architects connect all the digital disciplines and the consumers and procurers of IT, to create an integrated, flexible, effective IT architecture for bp.
This role is within our Technology & Platforms Architecture team which is responsible for architecting solutions on core platforms such as Azure, Salesforce/Power Platform, Mulesoft etc. and the identification/incubation of technology to support Process Automation, Advanced Analytics (AI/ML), IoT/Robotics etc.
As a Senior Architect you will lead our most critical projects or services focusing on Process Automation, working across a mixture of established and new squads using process and task mining toolsets to expedite the identification and progression of automation opportunities. A technologist at heart, you are passionate about planning and building compelling services and products. You will motivate and inspire a project delivery team to deliver robust and cost-effective IT solutions. You will stay ahead of innovative technologies and demonstrate your understanding through effective and rapid delivery.
The choices you make will define the fitness for purpose of our IT capabilities and ultimately the success of our business.
- You are an excellent technologist; you have a passion for understanding and learning. You will bring good hands-on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess new technologies with a commercial mindset.
- You will be a primary point of contact for all things automation, supporting the Global business services and Operations teams to drive efficiency and optimised processes
- You encourage best practice & standards, deciding when process re-engineering generates greater value than introducing technology and, when a technology solution is appropriate, you design with reuse in mind using varied automation tools.
- You will work with process and business subject matter experts to analyse process areas, identify optimisation opportunities, and translate functional designs/business cases into technical design documents
- You will lead architectural solution definition meetings, seek approval from the relevant Design Authority for Key Design Decisions, author and/or review Process and Solution Design Documents.
- You will work with our technology vendors to drive bp's requirements and influence product roadmaps.
- You will act as a point of escalation to product squads, mediating and resolving technical related conflicts.
- You will play an integral role in building capability in the architecture community while demonstrating your leadership values through delegation, motivation and trust.
- You notice morale within your team and work to positively influence this.
- You create an environment where people listen and speak openly about the good, the bad, and the ugly, so that everyone can understand and learn.
- You promote a culture of change and agility, evolve continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- The safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
Job AdvertEssential Education
- A Bachelor's (or higher) degree, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics, hard science or equivalent work experience.
Essential Experience & Job Requirements
- You have proven experience of architecting automation solutions including exposure to Machine Learning, RPA Governance and Process Standardisation across different industries and/or business functions
- You have a strong background in process optimisation initiatives and utilisation of process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, TQM etc
- Skilled at process mapping, preferably utilising Aris BPM
- Able to effectively facilitate workshops to analyse a process problem or opportunity
- Experience in authoring and reviewing process documentation/analysis, Process and Solution Design Documents, including specification of system requirements for business processes
- A confirmed background in architecture with real-world experience of architecting, designing, and delivering large and/or complex automation solutions.
- You love envisaging the art of the possible, motivated and self-driven in making that a reality.
- Deep-seated functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges.
- A proven grasp of architecture development and design thinking in an agile environment. You can work in fast-paced, high-demand and delivery-oriented environments and able to adapt approach and style to meet shifting priorities.
- Experienced in building and leading a tight-knit delivery team, you accomplish exceptional project outcomes in a respectful and supportive culture.
- You are experienced in developing others to build architecture capability across an organization
- You have good interpersonal skills including the ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
- You have technical proficiency in one or more of the following technologies:
- Automation Anywhere
- Microsoft Power Automate
- You have had exposure to adjacent technology domains such as other platforms, networks, and cyber security.
- Automation Anywhere Certified Advanced RPA Professional
- Continuous Improvement Certification e.g. Green Belt
EntityInnovation & Engineering
Job Family GroupIT&S Group
Time TypeFull time
CountryUnited Kingdom, United States of America
About BPINNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive
Legal disclaimerIf you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement