Project Accountant with strong Excel experience required for a £10million turnover charity based in Stratford.
My client is looking for a whiz in Excel to come in review their process redesign and automate their system.
This is a short term contract role which will be for around 3 - 5 weeks.
The day rate will be between £160 - £200 per day.
Your main duties will be
- Review how key processes for coding staff costs interact across departments and teams and suggest efficiencies and reduction of manual code changing processing
- Review spreadsheets used to convert information from raw data export to finalised payroll posting journals, suggest efficiency improvements including potential automation
- Review how budget spreadsheets feed our recharge cost model, suggest efficiency improvements including potential automation
- Review our central budget control spreadsheet and how it is updated for changes and suggest improvements
Candidates applying for this role must have the following skills and experience:
- High level spreadsheet skills even by standards of finance function.
- Ability to write macros preferred as one of the potential solutions but not essential.
- Proven track record of problem solving, process redesign and efficiency
- Proven track record of personally delivering all elements of process redesign - identify issues, applying creativity to suggest solutions, and fully implement
- Must be able to work well with others including getting their views, finding solutions to suit, training & handover of new solution
- Part qualified accountant at minimum
- Experience working within the Charity sector would be an advantage
If you are interested in this role, please apply immediately with a copy of your CV.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.