This is an exciting role to join a growing company in the energy and district heating team. The role will report to the Energy Operations Manager and will be instrumental in the operation and maintenance of the organisation's plant and network. The successful applicant will work to a set of KPIs and procedures to maintain and improve the performance and efficiency of the organisation's energy plant. The role will grow with the organisation to encompass more of the plant and become more autonomous.
The successful applicant would hold their IOSH Managing Safety qualification, with experience of pumps and pressurisation units. Experience of district heat networks and HIUs would be desirable.
Key duties will include:
· Responsible for carrying out and/or ensuring operational inspections and maintenance routines are carried out on the organisation's assets
· Inspections to ensure systems and networks that the organisation adopt comply with the technical specification
· Supply general technical support to the Operations Manager and cover for the Lead Technician during short periods such as illness or holiday
· Meet or better all health, safety, quality and environmental targets
· Carry out plant isolations
· Carry out reactive maintenance when required by plant priorities
· Complete plant improvement projects as time allows
· Pump overhauls, value and pipework repairs, fixing leaks, HIU servicing, fault finding, boiler checks, water treatment / temperature monitoring and constantly looking for ways to reduce the overall cost of the production
· Liaise with contractors to complete work safely
· Undertake RCA on component failures, generating and implementing modifications and improvements to address reliability and performance issues within the plant
· Provide cost estimates for improvement projects and generate capital requests for these projects
· Participate in capital projects at all stages of implementation through to commissioning including pre-delivery inspections and installations of new plant for area of responsibility
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.