Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 9,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management
Help us make a difference as Business Improvement Manager / Account Manager covering the Yorkshire including Leeds/Shefield
We are looking for a Business Improvement Manager / Account Manager
to account manage and have Overall responsibility for the retention, growth, account management and profitability of SME and Major Accounts aligned to the geographical location appointed.A quick look at the role.
The Business Improvement Manager / Account Manager is measured on customer retention/churn and growth/profitability.
If Customer Services are contacted for cancellation and cannot retain or feel that this customer is still high risk, the details will be passed to the Business Improvement Manager / Account Manager and contact is to be made within 24 hours. They will then visit the site and review what new options can be offered to the customer based on an on-site waste review with the explicit intention of retaining the business.
The Business Improvement Manager / Account Manager improves profitability for the Business through thorough reviews of low net earnings accounts in order to maximise margin.Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
RequirementsHere's what we require:
- Developing and growing a portfolio of major accounts in terms of revenue generation, improved net earnings and profit growth in line with business targets.
- Identifying and targeting low net earning accounts in order to improve profitability to a level that is acceptable for the business.
- Ensuring that all business within the portfolio between Biffa and the customer has a signed contract, scanned and recorded on the system.
- Be the primary interface between Biffa and the customer, responsible for retention growth and margin, contract compliance and pricing negotiations.
- Working closely with Customer Services to ensure administrative tasks are communicated to the relative support team and resolved.
- Working with the Operations function to identify creative and innovative solutions which will reduce churn in line with company targets.
- Gaining and maintaining a detailed knowledge of Biffa's capabilities, operating procedures and how this fits within the market and customer base to retain and develop business.
- Carrying out site audits for Major and SME accounts.
- Liaising regularly with Depot Managers, Regional Managers and Regional Sales Managers to solve customer complaints, issues and changes.
- Effectively manage and control ART Log levels that fall within your responsibility in a timely manner in line with business expectations.
- Supporting the Depot in any ad hoc projects or urgent business priorities in relation to existing SME customers in the area.
BenefitsAnd here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- You will have a proven track record for effectively managing customer accounts.
- Articulate, confident and assertive.
- You will have excellent inter-personal and presentation skills, demonstrating a strong 'can do' attitude towards account management.
- You will be tenacious, resilient, determined to succeed and prepared to 'go that extra mile' to win our customer's commitment towards a lasting and profitable partnership.
- Ability to travel.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong Commercial background and awareness
- Analytical and able to quickly assess issues and recommend and/or implement solutions
- Robust and resilient, able to absorb pressure and respond positively
- Experience of building and maintaining customer relationships
- Solid pragmatic approach to delivering to tight deadlines and targets
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths, however A-Levels or a Degree certainly won't do any harm.
Dedicated to diversity.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching - because if you don't grow, we don't grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.