VAT Clerk- £16,500-£20,000 - Bradford, West YorkshireThe Role
Do you have a good understanding of bookkeeping and good general administration skills? Are you able to prepare VAT returns? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are specialists in the licensed trade accountancy field, looking to appoint a VAT Clerk to assist a busy department dealing with small business clients on a monthly basis.Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of a VAT Clerk include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of VAT clients.
- Perform bookkeeping and management accounting functions for clients.
- General day to day administration including maintaining the schedule of clients.
- Deal with day-to-day queries received from clients in a timely manner.
- Procure missing records by contacting the clients by telephone, letter or email.
Carringtons are specialists in the licensed trade accountancy field committed to providing quality professional accounting services and business advice at sustainable prices.
As well as the necessary accounting backgrounds and qualifications, Carringtons have a vast knowledge of the licensed trade industry as all our account managers have worked in the leisure industry which enables us to analyse your whole business to make sure we give you the very best financial advice.The Benefits
- Competitive salary £16½k to £20k depending on experience.
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Birthday as an extra day's holiday.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Health care.
The key skills and qualities of a VAT Clerk are:
- GCSE Maths and English - Grade C or above (or equivalent) AAT Level 2 or above.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Have a good understanding of Book-keeping and be able to prepare VAT returns.
- Ability to work independently, remaining focused and motivated
- A 'can do' positive attitude.
- IT literate, with the confidence to learn new systems quickly and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.