Our client, a rapidly expanding international biotech business, is seeking an experienced tax professional for a newly-created International Tax Manager role. Reporting to the Finance Director, the International Tax Manager will be responsible for undertaking compliance and provisioning activities for the UK, EU and International, excluding US, for both direct and indirect taxes.
This is a key role that will provide support and advice across the organisation and within Finance as the Group moves towards commercialisation and then seeks to expand sales into different geographies ensuring good, tax efficient decisions are made, including consideration of branches versus legal entities etc.
Due to the nature of the role, the position requires someone who is happy to work autonomously in a hands-on position.
Applicants should be a qualified accountant and ideally be CTA qualified with demonstrable experience in international corporate tax.Skills / Experience / Attributes
- Experienced and skilled Tax professional with a strong finance background
- Qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA and ideally CTA qualified
- Extensive and relevant experience of advising companies on a variety of tax issues
- Strong technical skills with excellent knowledge of UK tax accounting, tax compliance and good understanding of tax law
- Ability to interpret and advise on complex tax legislation
- Proactive and energetic: able to identify and implement business opportunities.
- Ability to anticipate risk through careful planning and analysis.
- Experience of working capital management would be an advantage
- Experience in managing tax systems, processes and technology across all taxes.
- Good knowledge of tax compliance and good understanding of tax law