Skilled Electronic Technician
42 hrs per week
£10.20 - £11.22 p/h PAYE (+ hol pay, pensions and free parking)
Long term contract
Due to a huge ramp up in production, we are recruiting for skilled Electronic operators on behalf of a global Engineering company, to work in a busy production environment in Greenwich, SE London.
Skilled Electronic operators are responsible for safe and accurate mechanical or electro-mechanical assembly of subsea and land based communication equipment.
Full training on fibre optic handling, coding & splicing is provided to operators, however previous experience is beneficial.
Ideally, as a skilled Electronic operator you will either be educated in an engineering field or have worked within a similar industry such as; Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Production, Military, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Robotics, Automotive, Aerospace, Aviation, Precision Engineering or Prototyping etc.
Skilled Electronic operators may carry out tasks such as;
· Following detailed assembly specifications, written instructions and engineering diagrams
· Wiring racks or internal units
· Mechanical assembly of parts, kit & components
· Fine Pitch / SMD Soldering
· Fibre optic splicing, handling and colour coding (training provided on site)
· Using in-house computer systems to log materials used (SAP training provided)
· Material posting in SAP
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
· Previous soldering experience is a must.
· Possesses a good standard of numeracy and literacy, and IT competent.
· Good understanding of, and commitment to, safe working practices.
· Previous manufacturing, production, technical or engineering experience would be desirable
For the first 4 - 6 weeks training:
Monday - Thursday 06:00 - 15:45
Friday 06:00 - 12:30
2 weeks - Monday - Thursday 06:00 - 17:15
2 Weeks - Monday - Thursday 18:00 - 05:15
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. CMS do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.