We're expanding our Category Team and are looking for enthusiastic, ambitious & driven individuals within all things category and product to join us.
Working in an established Category function, you'll play a key role in supporting the business by handling negotiation, procurement, and pricing of all things electrical products.
Don't worry if you're not from an electrical category background, it is those core skills in negotiation and procurement that we are looking for - we shall teach you the rest!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Category Manager to join our commercial Category team within our Plumbing and Heating Division.
Your role will involve managing the Electrical merchandising proposition and you'll be defining pricing strategies and product promotions. For this, you will need experience with an understanding of consumer needs and be able to build strong relationships with suppliers.
Areas of focus include:
- Product Strategy.
- Delivering maximum sales and profitability by building a clear strategic plan.
- Develop and build category plan, to deliver market share growth informed by internal and external insight to maximise commercial position and provide the best customer proposition.
- Managing SKU level cost and retail price in line with pricing and promotional strategy.
- Supply and Sourcing.
- Building strong partnerships with sith suppliers to maximise business opportunities.
- Roll out a clear sourcing strategy to ensure the supply of quality products that meet the customer needs through the most efficient route to market.
- Leadership and Development
- Develop direct reports to ensure full engagement and individual growth of teams.
- Clearly communicating Category plans to a wider network of teams within the department.
This is a hybrid-based role with minimal travel into our head office based in Crick, Northamptonshire.
This means you could be from areas such as Corby, Coventry, Hinckley, Leamington Spa, Leicester, Loughborough, Lutterworth, Market Harborough, Northampton, Nuneaton, Peterborough, Rugby, Rushden, Wellingborough, as well as Crick Itself.
You'll live and breathe our Customer First ethos, with a commercial and strategic vision when it comes to Category Management. You'll enjoy working collaboratively with the wider team and you'll be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Required skills and competencies:
- Experienced in category management or buying/procurement.
- Developing and executing a category strategy - buying, sourcing, negotiating, pricing, etc.
- Motivated to achieve deadlines/targets.
- Excellent attention-to-detail, planning, and organisational skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (written and verbal) at all levels.
- Experience of leading a team.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Category Manager, Assistant Category Manager, Procurement Assistant, Procurement Manager, Buying Assistant, Buying Manager, Building, Construction, Trade, Manufacturing, Retail, FMCG or Supermarkets.
From boilers to bathroom suites, tubing to towel rails and everything in between, City Plumbing has all the products our customers need to complete the job. And we have all you need to build a successful career! Our ambitious future plans mean that you are joining the business at a really exciting time - having recently been part of a sale process you would be joining City Plumbing Supplies (CPS) at a really exciting point in our journey to becoming a standalone business, independent of Travis Perkins.
We're proud of our reputation for selling quality plumbing and heating products to both trade and retail customers and we're super excited about our future! We put our colleagues at the heart of all we do, giving them all the tools they need to be successful, happy and feel rewarded in their career with us.
Benefits package & cultural environment include;
- Discount platform including savings and cash back at numerous retailers
- Savings on driving lessons, phone bills, gym memberships as well as further benefits
- Life assurance
- Family feel, extended family policy including maternity, paternity, additional annual leave and more
- Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme, let's be there for each other
- Complete induction and a company that lets you grow and encourages development
- Financial Education & Loans
- Flexible working options
- Striving to create an environment of inclusion so everyone can be their true self
We're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. Bring your whole self to work regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status,