Title: Supply Chain Analyst Division: Purchasing Contract Position based at: Hybrid - Coleshill, Halewood, working from home Length of contract: 6 Months Rate: Up to £22.30/hr Ltd (£17.15/hr PAYE) Inside IR35 Position Description:
The Trading Division is a unique team within the business that has a core function to buy, products around the world in support of the company's global manufacturing activities. The Trading Division Export Sales Centres (ESC) in other regions, such as China, enable the business to import Chinese produced components for use in our European manufacturing facilities. As the Imports Outbound Analyst, you will contribute to the design, management, checking, and analysis of a diverse range of data using a variety of tools at Trading Division Import Operations to support informed decision making.
This is a customer facing role primarily responsible for managing the transportation of components internationally by ensuring shipping standards, traceability and delivery assurance to maintain production. This role will take control of all planning and physical logistics operations and manage all aspects of scheduling and supply chain for Shipping and ImportSkills Required
- Support the management of the shipping and export function for preparing loads to be dispatched to Plants.
- Ensure accuracy and adherence to schedule release and shipping and export standards, including engineering and launch operations
- Maintain clear processes for shipments and for any replacement engines/ parts and scheduling adjustments
- Help resolve any change requests required to SAP systems to optimise the processes
- Monitor/ Control and Reporting of parts stocks and shipping status in line with Schedule parameters - Time and Quality and escalate issues where appropriate
- Work on the Pre-production volume requirements and parts run-outs, including management of New Parts for Model Year and Running Change requirements
- Maintain accurate records management for schedule planning
- Maintain contact with customers and freight forwarders, optimising trailer utilisation and monitoring dock adherence
- Interface with support departments (including Manufacturing, Quality and Material Planning and Logistics functions) to ensure requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Interface with receiving locations to agree dock slots, optimising trailer utilization and monitoring on-time collection performance
- Support the Outbound premium freight process
- Liaison with cross-functional teams to ensure the stock levels are maintained at the correct level to maintain production when parts issues are identified
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
- Ability to quickly understand and challenge Logistics processes
- ERP Systems knowledge (SAP / CMMS3)
- Experience of process mapping and design
- Advanced analytical and MS Excel Skills are essential
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving ability/techniques
- Previous experience in Material Planning / Logistics, preferably from within Motor Manufacturing / FMCG or Supply Base Industry
- Experience and/or knowledge of working with SAP
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management
- Understanding of Manufacturing production methods desirable
- Good problem solving techniques and understanding of lean manufacturing principals
- Good analytical skills in data control and understanding of production processes
- The role is likely be a work a shift pattern therefore shift premium as needed on 14:00-22:00, Monday to Friday. This will be reviewed as appropriate.
- Hybrid - Coleshill, Halewood, WFH
Interested in the above role? Apply by sending your CV to
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.