In this role you will support the management and control of the completion of all operational tasks to deliver a high level of support to Underwriters and other areas within the business, to ensure cross skilling and workload sharing continues across operations teams.
On a day to day basis you will;
- Manage the performance of members of your team and oversee the allocation of work items.
- Provide oversight, co-ordinate and take responsibility for the workload within the Syndicate Operations team including oversight of SLAs/ KPI's across the team.
- Support data entry to Pricing models
- Manage allocation of signings to Risks in Written status
- Focus on Quality Assurance across Operations to ensure business standards are met and upheld.
- Support the processes outsourced with training and review meetings
- Create and uphold cross skilling and procedure guides, to ensure delivery of KPI's.
- Ensure Actual Month End Close is completed on time and any issues are raised to manager in a timely manner.
- Complete and action the exception Housekeeping and GAAP reporting
- Support the Underwriters with use of Workflow by providing feedback and monitoring
- Provide any necessary assistance to Actuarial and Finance Departments as required.
- Support the delivery of training to Offshore team and support the completion of any updates required for the Standard Operating Procedures.
You will form part of a wider operations team . You will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of your direct reports and will typically be involved in performance management and compensation decisions for individuals with the direct supervision of a more senior manager.
- Previous experience working within London Market Insurance Operations
- Understanding of Lloyds Europe and Xchanging systems
- Completed or working towards your CII.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, formulas and be able manipulate large data sets.
- Working knowledge of systems change and project processes.
- Working knowledge of underwriting pricing or exposure management applications is essential.
- Previous experience as a supervisor/team leader or managing a small team.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised, these are the values we are passionate about at Travelers Europe. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work.