Administration (HR and Payroll) Assistant, Gateshead
Salary circa £18,500
My client is a hugely successful FMCG client based in Gateshead and they have an immediate requirement for an HR and Payroll Administrator to join their team.
This role is such a lovely mix of administration, HR and Finance and the successful candidate will gain a good grounding in all administrative support functions and duties. You will ensure that all visitors to the site are welcomed, signed in and clear on all procedures set out. You will also be responsible for managing a multi-line switchboard, taking messages and transferring calls as instructed.Although you're based on reception, you will provide an efficient and effective administrative service to the HR and Central Payroll functions ensuring that all tasks are completed accurately, in line with relevant legislation, and within required time frames.
Main responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Monitoring switchboard on reception
- Meet and greet visitors and guests to the site
- Mail and stationary ordering
- Helping with fortnightly payroll
- Processing new starters and leavers
- Monitoring absences and sickness
- All other ad hoc HR and Finance administration
- Must be able to work using own initiative.
- Good administrative skills
- Good IT skills (MS Office)
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A good grounding in administrative support
If you're looking for a really involved and busy administrative support role then I'd love to hear from you!