I am recruiting for a Deputy Manager to join my clients Respite service which supports adults with Learning Disabilities in the Streatham area. You will be joining a fantastic charitable provider who provide specialist support in a variety of care settings across London. You will support the Service Manager to lead a strong team of Support Workers who positively impact the lives of the people my client supports at a Respite service in Streatham.
Your role will be to provide leadership, development and direction across the service ensuring that the team provides the people supported the service they need to lead a good life and achieve the things that are important to them and their families.Key Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
Deputy Manager Requirements:
- Build great relationships with the people we support and the people important in their lives
- Ensure people are supported in everyday tasks in a respectful way that meets their individual needs and preferences and enables them to do as much as possible themselves; to give them as much choice, control and involvement as possible.
- To develop and implement individual care plans; ensuring all plans and records relating to people we support are accurate and up to date
- Supervise, coach and train colleagues in person centred support practices, giving and acting on received feedback on what is going well and what is not going well.
- Ensure effective day to day management of colleagues inclusive of activity delegation, quality assurance, performance management and recruitment and selection as appropriate to the role.
- Experience of supporting people who have learning disabilities to become more active in their community
- Experience of Key/Link Working with individuals and of enabling people with learning disability to take positive risks in the lives
- Experience of mentoring/supervising/coaching others
- Person centred working & developing person centred support plans with individuals
- Enabling people with learning disabilities to take positive risks in their lives.
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Able to organise self and others to get things done with a high level of attention to detail
- Able to manage money and record spending
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Nichole Wheeler
at Domus Recruitment.Don't keep a good thing to yourself - Recommend a friend!!If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.