The Drivers Mate
will work closely with the Lead Driver, your role will involve travel across the UK on a daily basis. You will share the driving responsibility with the Lead Driver specifically for long distance travel. The CHM headquarters are based in Reading, you will be required to report to the Reading office on a daily basis, specifically for an 08h30 start.
Due to the long-distance travel that is often associated with roles such as this, the expectation is that the person recruited into this position will be aware of the responsibility involved and is flexible to the requirements of this position. This will include being available outside of your typical business hours i.e 08h30 - 17h00, due to the long-distance travel. As such, the company will offer full support including areas such as suitable remuneration and flexibility where possible with regards to working hours, to ensure as much balance is obtained as possible in a position such as this.You will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- Maintain the performance of the company vehicle(s), including carrying out vehicle inspections and reporting any major repairs / maintenance. Ensuring the vehicle is fit for purpose and meets both legal and company guidelines.
- Provide a safe and secure collection service for all IT assets, ensuring that the count of equipment is accurate and Transfer of Custody documentation completed to a high standard.
- All items must be packaged securely to ensure safe transportation from the client site back to base ensuring manual handling techniques are utilised.
- Maintain safe practices while on client site(s), ensuring that all health and safety and customer requirements are adhered to.
- Work with other members of the team i.e the Warehouse, to provide on-site services including deployments, on-site scanning / audits of equipment, on-site data-wiping / de-gaussing.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures including information security responsibilities.
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills.
- IT literate and can handle electronic data.
- Flexible and can manage change.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory DBS certificate and will have a Full UK Driving License.