Mpeople Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant / Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a well-established and reputable organisation based in Oldham.Hours: Permanent and full-time
> (09:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday)Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 dependent on experienceGreat Employee Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, free car parking, and study support available
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Payable Assistant will be work autonomically to manage a multitude of duties including:
- Post invoices, credit notes and other relevant documents to the purchase ledger in a timely manner upon receipt from suppliers.
- Ensure all invoices are correctly approved. Either by the relevant staff or correctly matched to the corresponding delivery note & purchase order. Investigate any discrepancies where they occur and query with the relevant purchaser internally, if required.
- Prepare payments on a weekly and ad hoc (when required) basis - ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner and displaying a competent understanding of the working capital cycle complemented by effective credit control.
- Assisting the Financial Controller in their responsibility to highlight and navigate any potential points of note relating to cashflow.
- Ensure self-employed stakeholders are paid weekly once invoices are received. Correctly applying a tax deduction, as applicable, as per the CIS scheme. Training will be provided.
- Work with the Financial Controller to help provide accurate accounts at month-end.
- Assist the Financial Controller with any ad-hoc tasks, when required.
- Provide assistance in stock control measures, as part of month-end procedures.
- Work as part of a team to learn and understand elements of the other members' roles to cover any periods of absence.
- Show a willingness to develop personally and contribute to the finance team and business on a wider scale.
- Any other duties reasonably required.
Experience, Attributes & Qualities:
- Experience working within a purchase ledger / accounts payable or accounts administration role - minimum 1 year
- AAT qualification (or currently studying for) is desirable but not essential as study support will be offered
- The ability to work independently, and prioritise/manage your own workload
- For this role it is essential that you have a proactive 'can do' attitude, with a desire to learn
Please note that MPeople recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.