Domus are on the lookout for a highly experienced manager within the Health and Social Care sector to join a specialist provider of Learning Disabilities care and support as a Service Manager for a brand-new service opening in Basildon, Essex.
You will be responsible for the management of a 4-bed Supported Living service that specialises in caring for adults with Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs. Initially, you will be responsible for leading on the recruitment and working with Essex on referrals.
The role will be providing line management for a team of Support Workers, ensuring that compliance with organisational, local authority and legal regulations are adhered to and the quality of services is pushed to the highest standards as possible.
The role will require the individual to be an experienced Service Manager who has vast experience at management level supporting adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
For any more information, apply today and a specialist consultant will get in touch!Key Responsibilities of a Service Manager:
Key requirements a Service Manager must have:
- Ensure person-centered care plans and health action plans are regularly reviewed and implemented
- Ensure the health and wellbeing of the people we support, in line with CQC/CSSIW Guidelines and policies
- Deliver effective risk assessments and emergency plans to ensure the people we support are safe
- Make sure your staff team are appropriately trained and motivated to provide high quality support
- Ensure the service meets all organisational and statutory requirements and complies with Care Quality Commission Guidelines and our own standards, policies and procedures
- Make sure complaints are dealt with in line with our policies
- Experience of managing services for adults with Learning Disabilities.
- NVQ Level 5 or equivalent qualification.
- Effective communication, leadership and coaching skills are important as you will be responsible for managing a Deputy Manager and team of Support Workers, as well as communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good knowledge and understanding of CQC, Health and Safety and Local Authority requirements.
- You will also be committed to person centered planning and positive risk taking with a real passion for improvement and continuous development.
If you are interested in the above Service Manager vacancy, please call Nichole at Domus Recruitment.Don't keep a good thing to yourself - Recommend a friend!!
- Accredited Training and Qualifications
- Attractive Annual Leave
- Pension schemes
- Staff discounts
- And much more!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.