Harvey Nash are now inviting candidates to apply for the role of Banking Transactions Assistant, a six month contract paying £110 a day/ to work through an umbrella company. Working for a public sector organisation, candidates must have a disclosure scotland certificate, basic level.
You will work with other members of the Finance team to deliver efficient and effective transaction services. You will be responsible for the processing of the main financial transactions, ensuring that targets and deadlines are met. While this role is in the Banking team, it is envisaged that there will opportunities in the future to cross train and learn about Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with the receipting and allocation of multiple income streams
- Input Bankline payments and bank account transfers in an accurate and timely manner
- Create journals for fees & fines processes
- Review, evaluate and challenge financial information from
- Assist with providing support and advice to staff on financial issues including banking, cash handling and payment methods
- Monitor multiple mailboxes and handle incoming email, postal, telephone and face-to-face banking queries from internal and external customers
- Assist in monthly reconciliations of bank and balance sheet accounts ensuring that any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Experience of working with Excel
- Knowledge of bank reconciliation
- Knowledge of receipting and allocating of multiple bank accounts
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
Please submit your cv for consideration through the relevant channels.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94700973