Ever wanted to fix a global skills crisis? Ever wanted to mentor the future of talent? Ever wanted to re-think the entire education system on how technical development is taught?Our Mission
We launched _nology to address the shortage of technology skills around the world and to demystify what working in tech actually means, to encourage a more diverse pool of people who are technology literate. The fact that coding is creative, exciting and progressive is one of the best kept secrets in the industry. We want to blow the lid off and let everyone know why they should be part of the tech revolution!What We Do
_nology runs a 12-week immersive coding bootcamp, that enables people from any background to launch their career in technology. This is specifically designed to make them work ready with practical, up to date experience - not just theory - to meet the real-world needs. We partner some amazing groups to run large scale events, attend conferences as key speakers and build the brand and credibility of companies to attract great talent. We're marketeers, trainers, employers & wellness all wrapped in to one.The Company
We may be a small company, but we have a mighty roar. Backed by one of the fastest growing Tech specialists in the world we have office space in Bristol, London, Manchester, Amsterdam, Sydney, Hong Kong & New York. Matching this scale is our ambition to grow all over the world in the coming years. For now, we're getting our name established in the South West and building our ability to deliver the future of software training.RequirementsThe Role
The main focus is to deliver engaging lessons to shape the new generation of software engineers. These lessons should give students the tools they need to survive as a developer. You'll also need to be an amazing mentor to our students (Or _nologists), and help to shape the direction of how we educate tech talent and building our dream of disrupting the education industry for a better future. Between courses, you'll be focused on developing content and improving our training offering. You will also support us in developing and maintaining our online part time course.
After one year, there will also be the potential to work for _nology as an onsite developer, working with the trainees you have coached to deliver projects for our clients across a range of industries.About You
- 1-2 years experience as a Java developer.
- Experience with modern Java practices and frameworks (Spring Boot, Kotlin etc.)
- Passionate about supporting & mentoring future tech talent.
- Understanding of coding best-practices, conventions, and design patterns.
- Great communicator, problem solver, and team-oriented personality.
- Leading the coaching for cohorts of up to 15 students with support from others
- Developing, updating, & reviewing our Java coaching content.
- Continued learning and research to help _nology stay at the edge of the industry
- Potential for onsite placement with our client base after one year as a coach.
- Continued 1-1 support in both career and technical development
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Personal growth opportunities
- Regular events
- Strong bonus incentives