My client are a well-known, leading law firm based in central Hull who are currently looking for a Team Leader to join their extremely busy mortgage department on a permanent basis after the company have won several new contracts. The role of the Team Leader is extremely fast paced, busy and demanding and would most suit someone who has similar experience. The role will require you to manage the Remortgage and Residential Conveyancing Deeds Team and to ensure productivity is at a maximum output, title deeds are processed in a timely manner and that completed registration of all remortgage transactions are delivered within the required client specific service levels.
- Monitor appropriate system work records to ensure that all work is progressed to meet challenging productivity targets.
- Monitor the individual performance, quality and productivity of the team members
- Distributing the workload within the team.
- Effectively schedule, and manage, all breaks to ensure that the Team is adequately resourced at all times.
- Management of holiday and absence in the team.
- Act upon issues concerning performance, time-keeping, absence and holidays promptly and appropriately.
- Update the team with changes in procedures.
- Facilitate regular team meetings.
- Conduct return to work interviews when Team members return to work following an absence
- Conduct all 12 week reviews for new Team Members.
- Conduct monthly one to one review meetings for all Team Members.
- Ensure that Personal Development Plans for all Team Members are developed, acted upon, maintained and reviewed.
- Liase with the departmental manager to ensure that all team members receive on-going coaching, training and development.
- Be involved in the resolution of discipline/grievance/performance issues in line with the firm's policies.
- Understand all aspects of the remortgage and more specifically the deeds and post completion process and where appropriate undertake tasks within the process
- To respond and support both our customers / clients and internal employees with all deeds queries and complaints
- Monthly reporting for both external clients and HMLR
- To liaise with our HMLR partners to maintain and improve our working systems, ensuring that we are complying with their requirements but also providing suggestions of more efficient ways of working
- Auditing of manual tasks within the deeds store and maintenance of Remortgage and Residential conveyancing inboxes
- Previous experience of managing a team is essential
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, targets & work under pressure.
- Good team player, but, also ability to work on own initiative.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data input skills.
- Experience of working in a high volume environment.
- Mortgage Knowledge.
- Previous administrative experience.
- A sound understanding of the post completion process
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. By applying to this advertisement, you are hereby giving consent for Jo Holdsworth Recruitment to hold your details for a 30 day period and contact you via any method of contact you have listed on your application.(Jo Holdsworth Recruitment - Recruitment Agency)
- Offices in Leeds and Hull city centres and potential for hybrid working
- Smart Casual dress code
- Profitable global company
- Market-leaders in their specialism with excellent service reputation.
- Family-friendly policies with a strong focus on work/life balance - e.g. paid birthday leave
- Significant career progression opportunities - large in-house training function
- Highly innovative with a strong focus on technology.