Opus Northamptonshire on behalf of West Northamptonshire Council is looking for an experienced NRSWA Coordinator to join Northamptonshire Highways Team.The role is full time. Office is based in One Angel Square, however some working from home would be considered.Sound knowledge of NRSWA, new roads and streetworks act, is essential.
The NRSWA Coordinator
role is to support the delivery of the West Northamptonshire Council's responsibility and the function of the Network Management Service by coordinating temporary activities on the network in relation to regulations, statutory guidance and codes of practice, and take actions and apply penalties, where necessary , to enforce these controls.Key Responsibilities:
What can we offer you:
- To monitor and examine all regulatory statutory undertaker (street works) and Highway Authority (roadworks) notifications sent via the EToN to coordinate activities throughout the designated area.
- To process applications for a permit, and associated permit-variations to ensure their potential impact is minimised and controlled.
- To ensure the appropriate traffic management provisions are authorised for all relevant works taking place on the network.
- To oversee the Technician:
- in the processing of NRSWA and Highways Act Licences to ensure the necessary compliance, authorisation and controls are carried out.
- in the identification and application of non-compliance and enforcement through improvement notices and prosecutions.
- for the payment and reconciliation of fees and charges, providing support where necessary, in the collection of fees and charges.
- To oversee the application of penalties and charges related to prosecutions within the Street Works Register and when necessary, liaise with the works promoter to outline the reason and decision for the charge.
- To act at the primary contact for all works promoters during the coordination process. Take any appropriate action to ensure the works promoters understand their duty and carry-out their works to minimise any impact to the network.
- Holiday entitlement accrued while working
- Pension contribution from employer
- Flexible working hours
- Opus candidates hear about jobs first
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions as an 'internal candidate'
- Gain experience to support permanent applications