Over the course of 10 years, bp pulse has established itself as the market leader in electric vehicle charging, providing solutions for EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the road. On our mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, our charging points have been used over 30 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving. We work with the world's leading vehicle manufacturers to support their customers, as well as some of the UK's biggest fleets, leasing companies and local authorities. We are the UK's only fully integrated, end-to-end manufacturer and operator of charging infrastructure, and our nationwide Polar network of public charge points is recognised for its quality and reliability. Following the acquisition by BP in 2018, the company is growing rapidly and, in 2020, moved to a brand new, purpose-built head office and production facility in Milton Keynes to support this growth and allow it to capitalise on a booming electric vehicle market.
An integral part of bp's transition from an International Oil Company to an Integrated Energy Company is the entry of electrical vehicle (EV) charging markets in key countries e.g. Germany, UK, Spain and Portugal. Our mission is to create the fastest and most convenient charger network in the markets we operate in.
This role provides a unique opportunity to gain a broader business understanding as it will allow the individual to work across functions both inside bp Pulse and wider bp. It will also build 'next-practice' capability through exposure to the latest ways of working eg: agile and digital tools. Working in this space will provide the individual with access to exciting opportunities for personal and career development.
The role-holder will lead this change for Finance, work with the existing finance team and wider transformation community across bp pulse to implement improved finance processes and strong business integration (Systems/tools/process/culture)
· Work with the pulse wider transformation team to develop the transformation agenda & strategy to enable bp Pulse to move from 'start-up' to 'scale-up'
· Work with pulse finance team to implement improvements identified through the 2021 internal audit and bp pulse control implementation plan
· Work with SAP team and bp pulse data & analytics team to identify opportunities for automation and enhanced reporting
· Develop and communicate simple control processes for use by wider bp pulse business
· Support implementation of outsourced payroll provider and expenses system
· Manage review of bp pulse processes vs bp group to identify opportunities for improvement/automation -e.g. banking/corporate card/mobile phone provision
· Work with bp pulse compliance team to identify improvements to current processes
· Work with the full Pulse team and wider bp business to identify opportunities that will deliver sustainable value to the business and drive the finance element of implementation
· Support Transformation projects, and lead agreed finance activities to deliver defined benefits.
· Champion simplification, modernisation and Agile/Pulse Mindsets in their own ways of working
· Demonstrate and champion bp values & behaviours of safety, respect, excellence, courage and one team
· Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation, through building relationships and strong stakeholder management
· Experience and ability to lead and get things done working in a complex, dynamic, fast-growing environment, dealing with high levels of ambiguity
· Experience of participation in similar transformation programmes and change management
· Confident to challenge the status quo by providing constructive disruption and support to encourage mindset shifts
· Highly collaborative, open, transparent, empathetic and curious
· Project & programme management skills
· Experience of next practice capabilities, eg: agile methodology, digital collaboration tools, DevOps models
· Qualified accountant with a recognised professional body
· Must have had practice experience or have performed a similar role in industry
· 2-5 years minimum post qualification experience
· Must be able to operate from Milton Keynes office, with travel to other locations on needs basis (assuming normal business practice/post covid)
· Flexible Working