- Communication Research Analyst
- Up to £42,000 base salary + competitive company benefits (not for profit organisation)
- Mixture of work from home and office working (1-2 days a week)
- City, London location
The Research Analyst reports into the Business Manager and together they play a key role as our clients 'engine room' of the Communications team, who are responsible for external relationships with consumers, the finance industry and political stakeholders.
You will be responsible for managing our existing research and brand tracking activity and ensuring we have a robust plan in place to continually evolve our approach. The business truly believes in the power of data and insight, and we want our communications and stakeholder engagement plans to be informed and influenced by strong research. We also want to ensure we're measuring our impact and success well too. This will include regular recurring activity, but also one-off projects.
Building strong relationships internally will be key, within the Communications team itself but also across other teams such as MI and Data who focus primarily on supporting our claims service and customers. You'll also support the Business Manager as required with budget and supplier management, as you'll deliver a lot of activity in partnership with external agencies.
To be successful in this role you will need to be adaptable, extremely organised and have a great eye for detail. You'll be comfortable liaising with a wide range of stakeholders and be able to influence and challenge others effectively. You should be passionate about data and insights and enjoy a lot of variety - plus the odd curve ball! - in your work.My Priorities - what I will deliverResearch and insights
Budget and supplier management
- Manage our brand tracking approach, which is how we primarily measure awareness and understanding of the organisation amongst consumers.
- Manage our mystery shopping approach, which is how we measure how effectively the financial services industry communicates our business protection to their customers.
- Support with opinion polling for audiences such as MPs and financial journalists.
- Develop these existing approaches with input from others across the team, ensuring their needs are met.
- Identify and deliver new research opportunities, so that we can run interesting and exciting communications campaigns that help deliver the organisation's strategic objectives.
- Ensure the whole Communications division is kept up to date on the latest data and insights, so they can use these to inform their decisions.
- Work with the internal MI/Data teams to source regular data to help feed our communications messages and campaigns.
My Knowledge - what I need to know
- Support the business manager with budget management - for example requesting purchase orders and receipting completed work
- Support the business manager with supplier management - for example arranging meetings, taking actions and minutes.
- Work with our agencies and the Business Manager to build a single dashboard view of activity and performance measurement across the team.
- Highly articulate with an excellent understanding of English.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to plan effectively and manage delivery to a plan.
- Able to communicate effectively in person but also virtually and through writing.
- Understanding of how data can and should be used to influence decisions and plans.
- Passionate about research and insight, and how this can be used to drive strategic direction.
- Digitally minded with a strong ability in common workplace tools - e.g. Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint.
- Strong experience of data analysis and presentation, including relevant tools such as Power BI.
- Experience of working within a communications team, ideally externally focused.