About Bensons for Beds
No 'one size fits all' when it comes to finding the perfect sleep experience for customers and that's why at Bensons for Beds we put Sleep Wellness™ at the heart of everything we do. With nearly 70 years of retail and 100 years of manufacturing experience in sourcing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience.
We have 190+ locations across our retail, manufacturing and distribution sites, employing c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3 year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission of becoming the market leading bed retailer with a strong omnichannel presence.Our Benefits!
In return for your contribution to the store's performance, we offer a competitive base salary of £22k p.a. plus uncapped individual commission
(paid monthly on top of your salary) once your minimum sales target is achieved.On target earnings c£28,000 p.a. based on your store sales target, but there is no upper limit to what you can earn beyond that! In addition
to that we offer you all these extra benefits:
- Monthly store bonus potential when your store achieves its target
- *Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- *'Perks' discounts from numerous high street and online retailers and service providers to save you money on your everyday purchases and bigger expenses such as holidays and travel, electrical goods, motoring and leisure products etc.
- *Pension scheme - provided by Legal & General
- *Healthshield cashback options for Health and wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other hospital services and more)
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression - access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- *Long service awards and 'Love to Shop' voucher rewards to spend as you like
- 28 days holiday, rising to 31 after 2 years' service
We are a business with a flexible approach to working which means we can offer full time (40 hrs/wk), part time and flexi working with hours to suit most requirements, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Please feel free to discuss flexible options at your interview.
qualifying periods apply)The Role - Store Manager
We are currently looking for an experienced Store Manager
to join our retail team. You would play a significant role in helping us to achieve our vision, driven to being a key player in moving our business forward, with your natural ability to set an example for the team to engage, inspire and offer advice to our customers to ensure they choose the bed that suits them best!
Your role as Store Manager will involve:
- Managing all aspects of this successful retail store, ensuring operational, financial and brand standards are upheld.
- Ensuring you have enough staff, resources and products as needed, driving sales, controlling costs, protecting profit. Leading by example in achieving sales targets, coaching your team and motivating on business objectives.
- Using our unique SleepPRO™ technology to ensure our customers choose the right mattress for them, giving them a perfect night's sleep every night, building rapport with them to advise on Sleep wellness™.
- Taking customers through the sales process and completing the required order paperwork and credit agreements (full training provided).
Working closely with your store colleagues to ensure we offer every customer an outstanding in-store experience, we will give you extensive product training, and ongoing coaching and support throughout your time with us, giving you every opportunity to succeed, progress further and build your perfect career!
It should be noted that due to the nature of our products being large and sometimes heavy, the role will involve you and your colleagues moving products around in-store to position them to sell, and some cleaning tasks will be necessary to ensure the store and our products are in the best possible condition for our customers. Skills needed
We are looking for an experienced Store Manager to coach and motivate your team with pride, passion and a positive 'can do' attitude.
Someone who's devoted, driven and daring!
- Devoted to delivering impeccable customer service with professionalism, ensuring our customers have an outstanding store experience.
- You will be an accomplished business manager, self-motivated and driven, able to manage financial performance, individual and team targets, team development & wellbeing, product knowledge & availability, health & safety and legal compliance, due diligence around company policies and procedures.
- Able to lead by example with resourcefulness and daring to try new things to help your business move forward.
If you love leading by example
, engaging with a variety of customers
, leading a team, growing your skills and developing new ones then click now to apply
to join us!
There is a brief online application process to complete, to tell us about yourself, answer some questions and confirm your eligibility. We'll reply to you asap!