About the role:
An international aid charity providing humanitarian relief and development programmes across the world has a brand-new position for a Programme Development Manager, who will be responsible for growing the institutional funding portfolio in the charity's West Africa region.
As the Programme Development Manager for the West Africa region, you will support the country programme to ensure strong contract management of funds from partners and institutional donors. You will work closely with the Country Directors within the charity to initiate new donor engagements and sustain relationships with current donors.
You will also coordinate the development of funding applications, the writing of bids and proposals, and provide support in ensuring compliance with the regulations of the donors and the charity. With Covid allowing, you will travel regularly throughout the West Africa region, which would entail roughly forty percent of your role.
Skills and experience you will have:
* Proven expertise in working with institutional donors such as DFID, SIDA, EC and UN agencies.
* Track record of successful bid leadership across development and/or humanitarian grants.
* Excellent ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationships between staff, volunteers, partners, and donors in a multi-cultural environment.
* Ability to work on and manage multiple projects including short-term assignments with tight deadlines.
* An in-depth understanding of international development. Knowledge of West Africa economic, social and development context would also be beneficial.
This is a full-time position initially on a 12-month contract with a high likelihood of extension. While the office is in Birmingham, you can be home based (except while you are traveling) for the majority of this role, with occasional attendance to the office.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now. To arrange a confidential discussion, please contact Gemma Hannington at TPP Recruitment. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis so please do get in touch as soon as possible if you are interested.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are considering a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on how we can help you with your career. TPP specialise in recruitment for the third sector and we offer a wide range of temporary, fixed term, and permanent job opportunities across multiple professions.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.