2x Excellent Accounts Payable Clerk positions! Your new company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are delighted to be recruiting for an Accounts Payable role for a large public sector organisation in Sheffield. This is a minimum of 3 months temporary position. Your new role
In your new role you will be working in a busy Accounts Payable team reporting directly to the Finance Supervisor.
- Ensure all purchase invoices are registered and processed within 2 working days of receipt. Where invoices have been received without an official order these should be returned to the supplier directly. Details of non-compliance should be brought to the attention of the Finance Team Leader.
- Input VAT should be assessed for each invoice and COS recovery reference should be clearly visible on the document making sure that VAT is always recovered first time. Invoice Prepayments should also be considered and identified and brought to the attention of the Team Leader.
- Reconcile Suppliers' statements for reviews by the Finance Team Leader using excel spread sheets.
- Scan or file computer output, processed accounts/invoices and other records as appropriate per the guidelines of the organisation
- Respond to telephone queries from other departments within the organisation and external suppliers.
- Ensure the unprocessed invoice report is reviewed weekly and provide detailed reports to the Finance Supervisor of long-standing issues.
- Actively chase approval or goods receipting from budget holders, budget managers and Procurement colleagues to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Review the Good Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) report monthly and identify to the Finance Team Leader those requiring reversal. The reason for the reversal should be documented for audit purposes.
What you'll need to succeed
- Maintain records of outstanding queries and agreed actions on the financial ledger using the notes function attached to supplier records.
You must have recent and relevant accounts payable / purchase ledger experience. You will have experience of working in a busy finance function. You will be immediately available or working to a short notice period. This role is to start quickly and will be for a minimum of 3 months, with the potential to be extended to 6 months and then permanent for the right candidate. You will have excellent communication skills and be confident in liaising with internal colleagues within the organisation and external suppliers. What you'll get in return
This role is a full time position, Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week. This role will be 100% office based. The organisation does have a flexible working policy with set core hours. £10.09 per hour plus holiday pay. 3 month minimum assignment with the potential to go permanent. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.