One of Wiltshire's largest employers is looking to hire an Information Manager with a background as a Data Protection Officer and, crucially, experience of working from home while establishing and promoting data protection policies across a wider organisation. The Information Manager will:
We are keen to speak to you, if you:
- Take on a conjoined DPO/ Information Manager role.
- Promote awareness of the importance of records & information management, alongside lawful data management, across the wider business.
- Ensure lawful compliance across the organisation in relation to both information management and data protection.
- Develop and implement new policies relating to data and information management.
- Support Information Asset owners and resolve any queries.
- Act as the first point of contact for the ICO and internal stakeholders with relation to any information or data related query or concern.
- Ensure appropriate training is delivered across the business and drive best practice.
- Have previous experience as an Information Manager, Data Protection Officer (DPO), Data Protection Coordinator, or similar.
- Have professional qualifications relating to the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and/or Freedom of Information Act.
- Have proven experience of managing a small team.
- Have proven success in driving best practice related to data and information management across an organisation.
- Have experience of developing and implementing new policies & processes.
Working from home the majority of the time, the Information Manager will take on a conjoined role as Data Protection Officer and Information Manager and, ultimately, take primary responsibility for the handling & management of all data and information held by the business. They will be supported by a small team and, therefore, also have daily management responsibilities, as well as taking an active role in the training and development of staff.
Crucially, the Information Manager will create and implement efficient policies and processes to drive best practice across the entire business in relation to GDPR, other data protection laws and the handling of data, in general. They will ensure that all staff receive effective training on joining the business and that training is updated regularly in relation to any changes in legislation.
Additionally, they will provide specialist advice & reporting to the Board & Audit Committee in relation to all things Data & Information. The company:
Are a large organisation in Wiltshire with a national impact. They are steadily growing and developing their business offering and are efficiently pulling together a strong Risk & Compliance team to ensure that they are operating lawfully & appropriately every step of the way.
Access to training and professional development is unrivalled, with a budget readily available for role relevant courses. The business also offers a fantastic benefits package, including a generous holiday allowance, highly competitive pension, flexible working, on-site parking and multiple brand discounts from household names. Keen to apply?
Please complete a full application, including your up-to-date CV detailing your relevant experience. If you have any questions relating to the role, please contact Charli Cumberpatch in our office.