FP&A Manager | Award Winning Electric Vehicle Scale-Up | Remote/Oxford
We are delighted to be working exclusively with an innovative, hyper growth Electric Vehicle (EV) scale-up business looking to revolutionise the way in which robotics and AI are harnessed to deliver Electric Vehicles at the forefront of the shift towards sustainable transport solutions.
This is an opportunity to work in a hugely entrepreneurial environment which is excellently funded and has ambitions to continue the development of technology which "will change the world".
The company has recently opened a number of new global sites with exciting international expansion planned for the US market and a host of 'developing nations' and have secured a number of significant contracts with customers.
Our client has achieved an eye watering valuation which is a nod to the tech they are developing as they re-imagine what it means to be an Automotive company. Projects range from the development of battery technology, driverless solutions, new sustainable composite materials, robotics, completely redesigned factories and manufacturing processes to name a few.
This truly is only phase one though with significant progress made to electrify the aviation industry and other 'deep-tech' projects which are currently strictly confidential.
The company offers a fast-paced environment, full of motivated and passionate people. They are growing rapidly with headcount set to double or even treble this year and are now hiring an FP&A Manager to help drive the continued expansion. They are keen to add someone to the company who is fun, hardworking and wants to progress their career quickly.The Role
They are now looking for an ambitious FP&A Manager who is driven and excited by innovative technology, electric vehicles, sustainability and being a part of an incredibly exciting scale-up phase, to ultimately own the forecasting, planning budgeting and analysis cycle of the Automotive division of the business.
This is an opportunity to have significant impact on one of the world's most exciting start-ups and take a relatively blank slate and implement fantastic financial modelling, forecasting and planning while playing an integral role in driving improved commercial insight and decision support.
Given the rapid growth and pace of change, this role needs someone with an eye for process improvement and real willingness to get stuck into the detail.Responsibilities:
- Ultimately responsible for building and owning the Forecasting, Planning and Analysis (FP&A) for the Automotive division
- Develop models to facilitate analysis of project spend across various business units
- Work closely with and Business Partner with manufacturing teams to provide strategic planning and analysis
- Support the production of budgeting including CAPEX and OPEX
- Build and roll out supply chain metrics and KPIs
- Stock forecasting and analysis
- Support the CFO with the production of long-term strategic planning
- Build relationships and rapport with colleagues in the factory teams
- Work with other members of the finance team to deliver a world class automotive finance function
- Excellent FP&A and Financial Analysis skills
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Previous automotive, manufacturing or complex supply chain/physical stock experience required
- Excited about working in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Passionate about the EV and start-up space in general
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience in warehousing/factory
- Experience in a Tech business or Tech start-up
(open to day rate or FTC initially)
Minimum of 2 days/week required in the office near Oxford