Clear Sky Recruitment is seeking to appoint an experienced Quality Engineer to work on a 6-9-month contract at its client's site near Hengoed, south Wales.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all measures with regard to an improved product quality during the development and series production phases.
- Responsible for the quality performance and maintaining customer quality targets, tracking performance against these targets and ensuring timely submission against all customer requirements.
- Responsible for achieving manufacturing process quality targets, continuous improvement of process quality and process related quality documentation.
- Submitting PPAP to customer or other customer specific documentation requirements.
- Performs process- and product audits
- Performs Capability and MSA studies.
- First contact for customer concerns.
- Coordination of 8D process, establishing cross functional teams where necessary.
- Responsible for alerting management when potential design issues arise where product design would have a negative effect on the product quality/functionality
- Compiles the Control Plan in correlation with the Process Flow diagram and PFMEA.
- Forms an integral part of the project team and ensures all customer APQP requirements are met.
- Advises the project team on customer specific quality requirements and ensures adherence to these requirements.
- Have the authority to stop a line on Production and also stop the delivery.
- A requirement to follow IATF 16949.
- Experience of working at Engineer level in a Quality Environment.
- Understanding of statistics and ability to use analysis tools in problem solving especially Minitab.
- Knowledge of customer specific quality requirements (incl. APQP)
- Release procedures (IATF 16949, core tools, VDA 2)
- Able to moderate process-FMEA sessions
- Experience of working with PPAP, 8D and FMEA
Upon applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Clear Sky Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies our team feel that may be suitable for you. We will not present your CV to any clients without your consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest to our client and if you are unavailable, then we will leave a message and send a text message. It will be your responsibility to return our call.