We are currently recruiting for 1:1 Teaching Assistants to work within Primary Schools in the Flintshire area.
We have employment opportunities for day-to-day supply which can be full time work or part time work depending on how flexible you wish to be.
We also offer long-term positions with the potential of developing into permanent roles.
Your role will be to assist teachers in the classroom whilst supporting the pupils' learning and development. You will be required to provide learning support on a 1-1 basis.
We welcome applicants with a relevant qualification; however, applications will be considered from people who have experience of working with children, either in the classroom or a nursery setting.
As a TA your role and responsibilities include:
- Promoting good behaviour / managing challenging behaviour
- Aiding pupils in their learning as effectively as possible
- Helping children with additional educational needs
- Providing feedback on learning and development to the teacher
- Creating and maintaining an orderly and supportive learning environment
- Administrative tasks
We are looking for the following qualities in applicants:
- Friendly, positive and pro-active attitude
- Passion for education
- Ability to use initiative
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
This role would suit someone who:
* Has previous experience in a similar role (or has previous experience working with Primary aged children in a different type of setting)
* Has a DBS on the Update Service and is registered with the EWC (or is prepared to apply for both)
What to expect from Excell Supply
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work that you want - we listen to your needs
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - earn up to £100 per referral
- A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
- Opportunity for permanent positions
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven't heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days.
However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients