Arena provides temporary event services, designing and delivering complete environments for the most prestigious sporting, commercial and cultural occasions in the global calendar. With over 250 years of experience, we have worked in partnership with iconic events including the US Open Championship, Formula E, The Jockey Club, Korea's Presidents Cup, the London 2012 and Rio 2016 Olympics and Her Majesty The Queen's 90th birthday celebrations, to name just a few.
Right now we have a genuinely fantastic opportunity for a highly capable and ambitious Project Manager to take on one of our most prestigious and long-standing accounts - Wimbledon Championships project with All England Lawn Tennis Club.
In this role you would have an overall responsibility for pre-planning, project / financial management and on-site delivery of Wimbledon Championships. Post is site based during Wimbledon build and derig April to August (accommodation and subsistence provided).
Outside of core Wimbledon delivery times you would be managing other amazing projects for Arena.
- Act as a principal client contact
- Responsible for pulling together sub-working groups (Arena /AELTC combined) as required.
- Act as 'consultant' to Wimbledon for all overlay requirements
- Work with the client to continually improve the product offering in accordance with Wimbledon look and feel
- Work with client to produce accurate plans for all structures and monitor, update in a timely manner and to a pre-agreed timetable.
- Produce a build and derig schedule in association with the client, sub-contractors and wider stakeholders.
- Sub-contractor selection and management
- Labour requirement planning
- Update pricing summary in accordance with cost + financial model
- Production of internal budget and ongoing monthly monitoring to include cash-flow planning
- Work with internal planning team to manage Wimbledon specific / special items.
- Management of all project H&S requirements, including but not limited to, production of site-specific H&S documentation and management of on-site H&S advisor.
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Direct experience of major complex project delivery within the events industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Adaptable approach, ability to negotiate and level with the clients and colleagues
- Proven ability to manage large budgets and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Excellent management skills - ability to motivate and guide teams.
- Flexibility to work the hours required for business needs and to travel extensively in the UK and overseas.
If you are ready for this challenge, don't miss this incredible opportunity to show off your talents - apply now.